Each human being, who exists above the level of simple survival and therefore has the freedom to think and make choices, has the opportunity to choose to live either a life that is ‘on purpose’ or by accident.
Choosing to live life by accident means deciding to be a creature of circumstance. This is the choice made (usually unconsciously) to consider one’s self as being a victim. Victims opt for failure (or discord), personal frustration and sadness. They seldom accept responsibility for events, conditions and circumstance. “I didn’t do it on purpose. It is not my fault.” Their thoughts, emotions, words and actions are reactive.
Choosing to live life on purpose means deciding to be a creator of circumstance. This is the choice made (usually consciously) to consider one’s self as being a victor. Victors opt for success (or harmony), personal fulfillment and happiness. They almost always accept responsibility for events, conditions and circumstance. “I made a mistake. Allow me to correct it.” Their thoughts, emotions, words and actions are proactive.
There are ten characteristics of creativity that bring the success, fulfillment and happiness that occur from living a life on purpose. They are the characteristics that are necessary to be taken on by any individual who makes the choice to be a creator.
These ten characteristics are:
1) Desire: The metaphysical equivalent of gravity. A powerful electromagnetic output of your emotional being that draws you together with that which you imagine and idealize.
A useful affirmation to support your integration of this principle: ‘My desire attaches to my thoughts to make them attractive to the elements necessary for making real my ideals.’
Another affirmation: ‘I am passionate about my ideals.’
2) Decision: The choice to be in control of your own life, to create your own game plan, to opt out of the past into the present in order to create the future.
Affirmation #1: ‘I choose to be a creator.’
Affirmation #2: ‘My choices give me the power to consciously create.’
3) Discrimination: The ability to focus on a specific potentiality amongst the infinite possibilities in the field of pure potentiality (the great allowingness).
Affirmation #1: ‘My choices are clear to me.’
Affirmation #2: ‘I know what my choices are.’
4) Discernment: The selection of that which is true and best for you. The ability to see the win/win scenarios. The application of wisdom and insight.
Affirmation #1: ‘I am capable of making the best choice.’
Affirmation #2: ‘I make the right choices for all concerned.’
5) Determination: When your actions mirror your belief and desire, every step is towards your destination; every thought and emotion is towards success.
Affirmation #1: ‘I am constant in my faith in my ideal.’
Affirmation #2: ‘I am determined to reach my goals.’
6) Discipline: The constant expression of your will and personal power to become all you need to be, do all you need to do in order to have what you have idealized.
Affirmation #1: ‘I act in harmony with what I hold as an ideal.’
Affirmation #2: ‘I am a disciple unto myself and my ideals.’
7) Dedication: The ability to totally commit to your journey and your destination. A persistence to do whatever is necessary until something is complete and manifest.
Affirmation #1: ‘I always believe in my ideals. I am dedicated to my goals.’
Affirmation #2: ‘I am committed to my success.’
8) Devotion: The willingness to move past commitment into compassion, empathy and unity. A true love of life and all its elements including your ideals and goals.
Affirmation #1: ‘My ideals are the image of the real me.’
Affirmation #2: ‘My ideals and goals are worthy of my complete love.’
9) Detachment: The ability to let go of the result, the destination, in order to live in the present moment. To be here, now.
Affirmation #1: ‘I am fully present in this moment. Life is a journey. Each moment is precious.
Affirmation #2: ‘I am not controlled or deceived by circumstances or conditions. Instead, I enjoy them for what they are, lessons that guide me to success.’
10) Divinity: A transcendent conscious awareness of who you are, where you are, why you are.
Affirmation #1: ‘When I recognize and act out of my spiritual being, everything makes sense.’
Affirmation #2: ‘Everything is sacred. I am sacred. My ideals are sacred. My thoughts, emotions, words and deeds are sacred. My results are sacred.’
Start by deciding to live an intentional life by examining your persistent thought patterns and core beliefs. Once you have identified those, then go about consciously choosing what to think and believe.
As the old saying goes…’plan your work and work your plan’ or plan your life and live your plan. What will you choose? To live a life of and on purpose or to live a life of accidental circumstance?